Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Muse-ical Rants

Ok...I admit it...I'm terrible about keeping up my blog. But the excuse is legitimate...I HATE talking about myself. So I've decided it's not about me, it's about my characters, my books, and that wacky playground I lovingly call my brain. So, I am going to attempt posting more regularly... here goes...

WEEK ENDING JULY 20TH

I am working on final edits for Starsight II (coming out in November) this week. This book is so much better than the first one...it is darker and deals with Joshan, Sirdar, and the nature of darkness and light. It also introduces the "gods," who will become more prevalent in later books. Trenara the Starguider is magnificent, plus I found out with this book that I write a decent battle scene...four, actually. Who knew? Must be those past lives impinging on present time...~GRIN~ Derrick Freeland is working on the cover and it promises to be even more spectacular than the last one (I'll post sketches as we go along)...I'm so excited about the release from Stonegarden in November!

Breton & General (out in eBook August 26th & print in November from Resplendence) will be coming back from my wonderful editor Tuesday or Wednesday with the first round of edits. I am contemplating a name change for the book and have been smacking my brain around about it. Best I can come up with so far is Marius & Delia. ~Yawn~ But I'll keep plugging away at it. Any ideas will be appreciated. Breton deals with themes like betrayal, allegiances, and impossible odds (of course), but also with the nature of courage. Just as a point of interest, this book sparked a new character and a new sequel that I'm very excited about; Thane is a Trinovantes Prince who is captured after the Boudicca revolt and forced to be a gladiator. He actually fights Marius in the arena in Breton. He is a wonderful character and the new book will be about his escape and search for his daughters who are taken to Rome as slaves, and a female slaver (maybe) who helps him find them. It will probably be called The Gladiator Prince, but I won’t be able to work on it until I get a couple other projects done (more to come on those).

Oh, I've updated my website this week to make it look more "professional". Take a look and let me know what you think: Minnette's Website. This was a lot of fun to do, but really digs into my time, so I've got to be careful; I get absolutely sucked into these things!

Otherwise, I'm doing a chat 7/15 on Enduring Romance with some other lovely Resplendence writers, which should be a blast, having lunch with a researcher on Thursday (I LOVE my researchers - they make me almost legitimate), and have a book signing at the Tacoma Borders on Saturday (7/19) with Bob Morgan (wonderful urban dark fantasy writer and fellow Stonegarden Author). I'm also organizing a couple of signings with the Rose City Romance Writers, which I am excited about. The first one I'm organizing is on Saturday, August 9th at the Lincoln City book fair.

I have a new fan site over at Facebook for anyone interested. If you would like to become a fan and/or have a fan site yourself, let me know!

Personally, I've become thoroughly addicted to my fairy on Facebook this week...and that's about all the time I've had for a personal life, oh, except Nova on Tuesday night...my little addiction.

Have a great week! Minnette :)

17 comments:

  1. Minette, your blog is BEAUTIFUL!!! And you shouldn't be afraid to talk about yourself or your work! People want to know what makes such a bright, and creative mind tick!!! If you want to add me to your list of blogs, my address is
    www.chicksofcharacterization@blogspot.com

    Andrea :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps, sorry I gave you the wrong link- its

    www.chicksofcharacterization.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, honey.It's great and YES...we all wanna KNOW about you. So give us the DISH! lol. Busy, busy lady with lots coming out.

    You can connect with me at two places:

    http://threewickedwriters.blogspot.com

    http://www.reginacarlysle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful site, Minette! Thanks for letting me know you were here. I'll "see" you 'round the 'net.

    http://writebrained.wordpress.com

    Sorry, no blogspot blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all of us have trouble keeping up with our blogs (unless you're Debbie Wallace!). I keep telling myself to post something every day, but other things seem to take priority.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement, Andrea...you are such a doll! I've been so buried in deadlines for the last six months, I haven't had time for anything. But, I'm almost done (within a week) and then I can get onto new projects and hopefully spend more time on the internet with my friends! M:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Regina...you are an inspiration...I don't know how you do it, girl! M:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Amy ~waves frantically~ I added Write Brained to my list. I'll try to get over there and will add you to my RSS feed....best thing ever! M:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luann - Every day? Sheesh, I'll be lucky to do it once a week! Thanks for support...you are a sweetheart! M:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Minette,

    I'm not sure if this helps, but how about Delilah instead of Delia?

    BTW I love the feel of your blog.

    Aleka

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kerry here, from RCRW (kerryblaisdell.blogspot.com). *waves hello!* I don't have the problem of not wanting to talk about myself -- LOL. Actually, that's not exactly true. When I'm blogging, like when I'm teaching, I'm "in character," so my 100% introverted "real" self can go hide, while the pretend extrovert in me shows her stuff. Or something like that. *;?)

    Love the look of your blog, BTW. Very well-designed, attractive, and user-friendly (I'm a web designer in my other life, so these things matter to me *:?)).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Minette:) I agree; your blog is beautiful! I have two blogs myself...www.mjdaniels.blogspot.com where I ramble on about my day, share news about my books and those I'm reading, or just whatever comes to mind, on a daily basis.

    My second is http://kenziemichaels.blogspot.com where I primarily talk about my road to becoming an e-pubbed author. Kenzie's not pubbed yet, but still hopeful:) And I only update this one when there's something new to say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Kerry...it means a lot to me when a designer like it! I know EXACTLY what you mean about that other persona...I have an actress and singer for 20 year and could get up in front of thousands of people without a hitch. But, put me in a small group of strangers, and I turn to quiet jello! M:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Molly...I'll check out your blogs and put them on my list! M:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to the second Starsight; can't wait to read the battle scenes.
    Love the new look on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha...I have a similar response when I waitressed. I was trained in a country club, and to go to a regular restaurant, well, let's just say 30 tables scared the hell out of me, but to put me in a huge room with a large group was a piece of cake!

    My boss laughed at me when I told him I'd rather handle 30 people at the same table rather than 30 individuals!

    ReplyDelete

A new release out now from our own Jayna Da Silva, a very talented author.! Check it out... xoxo M;o) In California's Sierra Nevadas, wh...