Friday, May 7, 2010

Leaving on a jet... train

When the train left yesterday with my darling son and his beautiful bride, the dams burst and I couldn't drive home. Had to have DH do it for me... You never know how much you're going to miss someone until they walk (or train) away. Am going to take a few days and just "be" until I can wash the sorrow out of my heart. It's bitter sweet since I know they are heading to the adventure of a lifetime and I'm so very proud of their accomplishments. Just can't seem to get the notion out of my head that they'll never be back. Silly, huh? But DH tells me not to worry... they will make their way home. That doesn't keep me from wanting to get in my van and beg for gas money all the way to N. Carolina! Sometimes being a mother is just plain hard...

www.minnettemeador.com

1 comment:

  1. {{{HUGGS!!}}}
    I have yet to watch a child leave for as long or far, but I was one of the children my mom watched leave, and I took two of her grandchildren with me, after we had all lived in the same house for almost a year.

    My mom never let on it was that hard to watch me leave, but I was really excited about the adventure ahead so never asked.

    {{{{ more hugs }}}}

    ReplyDelete