Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Interviewing Homicide and Other Adventures...

I just found out that this Thursday, I'm going to be interviewing the head of the Homicide Division of the Portland Police Bureau. I'll be asking questions pertaining to The Bell Stalker, including scene procedures, interrogation methods, lab procedures, etc. I'll then do a blog about the interview sometime next week, so stay tuned. If anyone has specific questions, let me know and I can put them into the mix.



THE BELL STALKER is coming along over at www.textnovel.com and I'm thrilled with how the story is coming together. It's turned into an urban thriller with a very twisty bad guy. Since this is being written "live," so to speak, it's been a bit nerve wracking, but a lot of fun. I'm up to chapter twelve with new ones posting today and tomorrow. If you haven't already (shameless plug here), please go to the site, register, and give it a "thumbs up" if you like it. I've got a chance at a contract with Dorchester and/or representation by an agent, but I need more votes. Wish me luck!



Had a wonderful book signing at Tacoma Borders last Saturday. I sold out of books in 2.5 hours, which is some kind of record for me, I think. The people were wonderful and I had a blast chatting with everyone. My thanks to Jesse and his crew for making this such a success.



STARSIGHT III is scheduled to be out next spring and I've been putting it together. It promises to be full of surprises (of course), intrigue, adventure, romance, magic, gods, and just plain fun. Stay tuned for more details.



I am going to curtail my newsletter to every two months instead of monthly due to time constraints and the fact that I have to go back to work soon. I'll give out two prizes per newsletter to make up for the time.



Otherwise, same old, same old. Stay cool! Minnette :o)



Minnette Meador

www.minnettemeador.com

http://minnettemeador.blogspot.com


2008 Releases: Starsight, Vol. I, Starsight, Vol. II, The Centurion & The Queen

The Edge of Honor, A Cup of Comfort for Single Mothers

2009 Releases: A Boy & His Wizard

2010 Releases:
Starsight III: The Restless Seed, Starsight Prequel: The God Wars,

A Boy & His Lizard

Other Releases:

The Gladiator Prince - TBA, Keenan's Dilemma - TBA


4 comments:

  1. I'll add my encouragement to readers to follow the Bell Stalker on textnovel. I'm really enjoying it - all the more for reading that you're meeting real live police to make sure the procedures are correct. It's certainly different posting, and reading, chapters "live."

    Then if your readers want more they could wander over to my Obituaries - how's that for a textnovel plug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, Shiela - Your story is fabulous! There are a bunch of good ones over there. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Minnette!

    I'm so glad you're on Textnovel.com now, too. I hope you're enjoying all of the things that set TN apart from just writing, editing, waiting and revising. It's a great new format and allows new and unique voices to be heard.

    It can change your life--I know--winning last year's contest got me a agency contract and the multi-book deal with St. Martin's Press. The first in my YA series (13 to Life: A Werewolf's Tale) will come out next year.

    I wish you great success!
    ~Saoirse Redgrave
    13 to Life: A Werewolf's Tale
    (A Tale of Teenage Love, Loss and--oh, yeah--Werewolves.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Minnette,

    I've got my cup of coffee and have sat down to start at the beginning. Can't wait to read more.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete