Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mom & Dad... World War II

In 1942 my mother was an editor for the camp newspaper and my dad was the dashing pilot who trained 18-year-olds to fly, a very dangerous line of work. When one of his trainees couldn't correct the plane in time, they crashed, but due to my dad's quick thinking, they walked away. Well, my dad didn't exactly walk; his leg was broken. When my mother went to interview him in the hospital, I'm pretty sure it was love at first sight.

Here's to their contribution to WWII and to all the soldiers, sailors, airmen, coast guardsmen, and marines who are out there putting their lives on the line to protect everyone's freedom. May your efforts bring peace in your time.

Minnette Meador
World Weaver
www.minnettemeador.com

4 comments:

  1. What a cool photo Minnette. I always really enjoy checking out black and white photo's from the old days. The poses, the lack of color, the clothing, the facial expressions are always fascinating. I think that's pretty cool, you're parents got married after she went to interview them? What a cool way to meet the love of your life :)

    Thank you to all the soliders who work to keep the United States. The Army, the Navy, The Marines... ALL of you.. I'm sure I missed a few because there are so many of you but yes I agree I appreciate you more than words could say. My dad is a Vietnam Vet so I definitely appreciate what you guys do to keep us safe :) (Navy :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelsea... They were very special people with an amazing story that I want to share some day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be awesome! Be sure to let me know when you do.. I always find history fascinating and you should definitely tell their story :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story. I love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete

A new release out now from our own Jayna Da Silva, a very talented author.! Check it out... xoxo M;o) In California's Sierra Nevadas, wh...