Saturday, May 7, 2011

THE TOUGHEST JOB OF ALL... BEING A SINGLE PARENT

Today I received this message on Facebook about my story Sunday Breakfast in A Cup of Comfort for Single Mothers...

I am a single Mom and read your devotional today in a Cup of Comfort for Single Moms and...

how did you get by all those years Minnette? 3 boys and I have one child...you are so very strong...I loved the breakfast of champions story with the boys piling up everything in the kitchen...some days are tough...we do what we need to do right? I have no child support or anything--I am Mom and Dad and he has never seen her or fed her at all...its better that way though...i think sometimes I made a mistake leaving him however I think he would have hurt me more emotionally and mentally if I stayed and I worried about what it would have done to her--.I left when I was pregnant and never looked back...my Mom had just died of cancer...I never told my family why I left--they need not know the truths-I knew though...

I scrape by and pray and go to church and just got a ft job that is a 2 hour commute daily...maybe food stamps is a good option...you made me laugh and smile and cry all at the same time...Thank you for you and your inner strength :)

Meg 

This touched my heart, especially on this Mother's Day when my children are now all grown and some of them are far away. It reminded me how hard it was to be a single mom and how you have to struggle for each and every joy. I am sending as much love and encouragement as I can today to Meg. Please join me and, on this Mother's Day amidst all your running around and bustling through life, remember the single moms & dads that struggle every day just to put food on the table for their little ones and a roof over their heads. If you know one, take her out to dinner or buy her a few bags of groceries, or offer to babysit for her for an evening. To all you single moms & dads out there, you are my heroes!

Minnette Meador
World Weaver...
www.minnettemeador.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new release out now from our own Jayna Da Silva, a very talented author.! Check it out... xoxo M;o) In California's Sierra Nevadas, wh...