Sunday, March 20, 2011

CROSSROADS & OTHER CUNUNDRUMS

SUNDAY, MARCH 20TH - FIRST DAY OF SPRING

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
If you had a choice of not working for a year or taking a job and being able to go to England and/or Italy, which would you choose? 

Decided to take the day "off" (from writing - still had to clean house, do laundry, etc.) and watch the "House" marathon. Don't know why I like this show so much; he's such an arrogant bastard and really has nothing to recommend him, but we are all attracted to that, aren't we. Especially, in our choice of entertainment. Readers cheer for the good guys, but always have a little something in their hearts for the bad guys, if the piece is well written. Every character, no matter how bad he is is always the hero of his own story. Something to contemplate next time I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).

There are always decisions to make when we reach a crossroad... I have one tomorrow. Wish me luck...

Minnette Meador
www.minnettemeador.com

5 comments:

  1. I'd emigrate. I've done that not working for a year and I'd rather the adventure in distant lands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go work for a Year in England

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know you're another House fan. I think it's the sarcasm--it's quite addictive.

    Me, I'd definitely go for not working for a year and travel virtually--says she who's planning to visit her mother in England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get enough of that cocky Englishman...even if he's playing an American Dr. - Actually, chose the money and travel AND I think I'm also going to England. We'll see how things turn out. I want to trace (as much as I can) Watling Street and see how much of the original road I can find. It would be awesome to see the places I write about...

    ReplyDelete