Sunday, March 16, 2008

Starsight's First Book Signing...

Yesterday I went to my very first book signing at Books By The Bay in North Bend, Oregon (right next to Coos Bay, Oregon, for those of you who would know such a thing). It went great! We sold all of our books and the wonderful store owner, Trish, will be stocking Starsight in the store. I had a few friends show up and made a few more (including one very nice young man named William, who tells me, at ten, that he is quite an advanced reader...I did not doubt it at all!). We had a great time and stayed about an hour after the 3pm deadline. The store is beautiful (with a FABULOUS coffee shop, to boot!) and one of the best selection of books...I was in heaven, to say the least. North Bend is on the south coast of Oregon and I actually lived there several years ago...the people are some of the kindest on the planet. The "old" and new friends made this day very special for my husband and I...you guys really are the best!

Anyway, getting ready for my next one on the south coast at Winter River Books in Bandon, Oregon (one of the most enchanted places in the world!) on March 29th.

~Exhausted, dreaming, and sighing at the moon~ Thank you Books by The Bay...you made my weekend spectacular! Minnette :)

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear it all went well. :) :) But where are the PICTURES?? We are a visual society, you know? :-P

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Minnette! Signings are scary things, so I'm glad the crowd was a friendly one. Try to get into all the Oregon bookshops you can. I've found most bookshops, even the big chains, are open to local authors.
    Oh, and I agree with Jennifer about the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Minnette

    Glad everything went so well.
    Good luck in all the other events that you do. Even though you really don't need it.
    The best make their own luck.

    Take Care
    Have Fun
    Badbob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, about the pictures....my DH, bless his little heart, was having such a good time fraternizing with the locals that he kind of forgot to get the camera out until after the event was over...he was mortified, but promised, we'll take pictures at the next one (on the 29th)...I'll post them as soon as I have them...

    ReplyDelete

A new release out now from our own Jayna Da Silva, a very talented author.! Check it out... xoxo M;o) In California's Sierra Nevadas, wh...